5 Reasons Why You Should Have Engagement Photos
Couples usually asked whether they should have their engagement photos done or not. They aren’t sure if the engagement session is for them, or not sure if it’s worth the investment. My answer is: Yes, heck yes! Here are 5 reasons why you should have engagement photos:
- To celebrate your commitment: you’re now engaged!! How special is that!! Now let’s have some amazing photos to let friends and family know that you’re going to spend forever together! Plus it’s always nice to have beautiful photos of you two together!
- Materials for your wedding: this is where you can be super creative. You can use them for your wedding website, save the date, guest book, everything that will make your day unique by showing your personality!
- Rekindle your relationship. you’ve been caught up in work lately and have tons of thing to do, so it’s good to take a step back and enjoy a day off with your significant other! Just forget about the world, focus on each other for this moment and have fun! Having engagement photos is also trying something new, which will enrich your experience and memories with each other.
- Being in front of the camera is not that daunting! We have all been there being awkward didn’t know what to do in front of the camera, right? I get it, so it’s my goal to make this as enjoyable and natural as possible. Years from now, I want you to look back and remember how much fun you had and fall in love with each other even more! I want to prove that having photos is actually a really fun experience!
- Get to spend time being you: want to shoot at your home because that’s where you feel most you, then let’s have fun at your place! Want to hike your favorite mountain and take in the sunset, then let’s plan a hike! An engagement session is a time for you to just relax and celebrate each other! Plus it’s when you have time to do some extra activities like driving along the coast, changing extra outfits, or hiking to catch an epic sunset…because everything would happen very very fast on the wedding day!
These are at the tip of my fingers now, but I’m sure there is a lot more benefit when having your engagement photos! So why don’t you give it a try!
PS: You can also check out 7 amazing locations for a session in San Diego.